Have you ever read a book that
makes you keep it in your heart and that, during difficult moments, makes you
see a difficult decision or circumstance with different eyes?
Books have always been a very
important part of my life. When I read, I am totally concentrated on what I am
reading; I am able to disconnect from my own reality.
When I talk about books that make
me stronger in difficult moments, many of you will think that I am talking
about books related to personal growth or something similar. But on this
occasion, I want to talk about a book that I am completely sure everybody
knows: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Probably you are thinking, This
is a children’s book— isn’t she a bit old for this kind of book?
And yes, most people my age read it when they were children or teenagers. I
didn’t. I read it for the first time in 2025.
But why did it hit me so much? I
am sure you know a bit about what the book saga is about, and my intention here
is not to make a summary of the story. I just want to tell you why I keep this
book in my heart.
In the book, Harry, a teenage
wizard, starts his third year at Hogwarts. He has to face some despicable
creatures called Dementors, who suck your soul and leave you, at best, empty
and with the feeling that you will never be happy again. To fight these
terrible Dementors, he learns to invoke a spell called Expecto Patronum,
which comes directly from your heart and makes you stronger when you think
about the happiest moments of your life and the love you have around you.
Unfortunately, I am not a witch,
and I don’t have the superpowers Harry has. But in moments of sadness, or in
situations where I feel vulnerable—like the restructuring process at Novartis—I
have found a way to invoke my own Expecto Patronum. I remind myself that
I will overcome this situation, and this is only possible when I think about my
family, my friends, the good people I have met at work, and the happiest
moments of my life.
Finishing this stage of my life
at this company is not the end; it is just the beginning of new and exciting
experiences.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario